Attorney in Myrtle Beach Area
Eldon D. Risher III is a business and real estate lawyer with over 40 years in the practice of law. Mr. Risher has extensive experience in the areas of residential real estate; title insurance; commercial real estate, including restaurant and hotel closings; real estate development, including zoning, land use, easements, condominium projects, townhouse and single family detached subdivisions, and related financing and homeowner association documents; business law, including asset purchases, contracts, leases, stock transfers, alcohol beverage licensing, service marks, and general business agreements; and corporate law, including entity formation, and mergers.
A native of Augusta, Georgia, Mr. Risher received his B.B.A. degree Magna Cum Laude from the University of Georgia in 1975 and his J.D. degree from the University of South Carolina in 1977. After passing the South Carolina Bar in May 1978, Mr. Risher joined the U.S. Navy where he served on active duty with the Judge Advocate General's Corps until retiring with the rank of Commander/05 in September 1994. Highlights of Mr. Risher's naval career included tours in the Republic of the Philippines, the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72), Staff Judge Advocate to the world's largest naval base at Norfolk, Virginia, and the Pentagon. He was the recipient of the Meritorious Service Medal on two occasions and the Navy Commendation Medal on three occasions.
Admitted to Practice
- South Carolina, 1978
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals, 1984
- Federal District Court, 1995
- University of South Carolina School of Law
- Juris Doctorate, December 1977
- University of Georgia
- Bachelor of Business Administration, June 1975 (Magna Cum Laude)
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Horry County Bar
- Georgetown County Bar
- Ad Hoc Committee on Third Party Legal Opinion Letters for the Corporate, Banking and Securities Section of the South Carolina Bar
- Approved Title Agent for Chicago Title Insurance Co.
- Myrtle Beach Sunrise Rotary Club
- Rotarian of the Year, 1998
- President, 2007-2008
- Rotarian of the Year 2008-2009
- American Legion
Call Joye, Nappier, Risher, & Hardin at (843) 203-0637 today.